Sign in to follow this  
apache12

Quad 400cc 4x4 used $1300 (obo)Updated details may take trade too

Ok I posted a funny post in other hunting gear of how I got this quad. I have cleaned up and ridden in the desert by my house. It works great but there are some logistical issues

I have it posted on craigslist with lots of pics

I will just post the one pic here but check out other pics on Craigs. Details below

It's a Roketa 400 4x4.

Here is craigslist id. 4618728714

This is an very good running used ATV. Yes it is a Roketa which is a Chinese copy of a Yamaha Grizzly I've been told. Read through this post for all details

The good:

Except for the seat it is cosmetically clean and in very good condition

Tires are like new. They appear to be originals which indicates the low miles and use

Electric start

And pull start both work well

the quad fires right up with no issue

Doesn't smoke or burn oil

No leaks

Oil clean

Fully street legal brake light works turn signals work horn works hi beam lights work

Front disc brake rear drum

Adjustable suspension

Shaft drive

4x4 engages fine and light shows 4x4

Has reverse and it works fine

Speedometer works and gear selection works

Has push bar and front and rear metal racks

Has tow hitch and ball

Oil cooled with temp light

Brakes in good condition

The bad:

Seat is bad. I bought some marine fabric and may recover it

One head light is out but works on hi beam

The odometer is digital and it's scrambled I have no idea on miles or hours

The fan on the radiator had not come on yet. The temp light has not turned on either but I'm afraid the fan switch may be bad because all fuses are good. You can by pass the switch and just run it direct so fan is always on. It may work fine and just not got hot enough yet i just want full disclose any possible negative

So I researched this and called a shop in phoenix who works on theses. He said they are actually decent quads they are like the Coleman's you see at Cabelas which are also Chinese made

He gets parts no problem

I have seen them on the web new from $4400 to $5700

Model Roketa RTU 400y

No it's not a Polaris Yamaha Suzuki or Honda or Article Cat

So I got this from a good friend i hunt with who's brother owned this and three others. The brother just died and left everything to his nephew who lives in MN. He can't find the title. It has not been titled or licensed and it never left his private property in north Scottsdale. I think it has very low miles but was outside and the sun cooked the seat

So I have called MVD and this is the process to get it titled. I was going to do it but the they said it will cause more problems for the new owner if I sell in three years

So you take to MVD for a level one inspect. It's free and they check vin and value

Then you complete an bonded title app and explain how you got the quad. I will give you a letter too with the original owner name. At that time you can get a temp title for 90 days until registered letter comes back then you really title Then you mail certified letter to listed owner and when it comes back non delivered or accepted you post a bond for three years. The bond cost around $100. Maybe less maybe a bit more. The bond protects MVD in case an owner appears and claims the quad the MVD pays him the value from the bond. You don't lose the quad. The owner is coming back from the dead in this case.

So there will be some leg with and it will cost you $100 to maybe $200 include normal license and OHV tag cost

Again I could do this but I wouldn't be able to sell either for three years with the new owner doing the bonded title process again. Call MVD first and they will explain the bonded title process it's really not a big deal. Just a bummer for the leg work.

Or if you use on private property you can just do nothing

$1300 obo

possible trade for 20 gauge semi or o/u prefer 26 in, similar value bino or scope. similar value bolt rifle

post-5454-0-77607800-1408028464_thumb.jpg

post-5454-0-69807100-1408028483_thumb.jpg

Seem's like a great deal for someone but I need to ask... So... what needed fixing? Last you mentioned this it wouldn't start and you had just bought it site unseen.

Good question. So my buddy said it doesn't start when he dropped it off. I AMA total quad novice so I saw pull start and thought that was the way to start it. So when I pulled it the cord didn't engage starter it just pulled out. You may have seen my ask on this site what to do. I pulled the cover of the pull start and the two spring loaded teeth were rusted so I wd40 and brushed them and they cleaned and the spring worked. I put back on and the teeth engaged starter but it didn't start. My buddy came over he knows quads and he had a micro charger. He hooked it on and as I was showing him the gauges I said whats the red button and he said the electric start you idiot. So we charged for about 2 minutes and it turned right over. It has started great ever since both electric and pull

The idle was to high so we adjusted. I think I might also tighten the coils on suspension but that's just me

Anyway everything is as described. I'm selling because my lovely wife is not so thrilled with it in the garage and if I could make some cash on it I have some braces on a 14 year old to pay off

Ask any questions. Come test ride. I do t know much about quads but my buddy was really shocked at how solid it was and he owns three quads