Sign in to follow this  
GameHauler

Archery Bear

I have a unit 22 archery bear tag starting next month and could really use some input on how to make this a successful hunt, even if this means directing me towards a different forum.

Anyone had this hunt? I will be out scouting this weekend along with my contender encase I happen apon a piggy to fill my HAM tag.

Thanks, Mike

I also have this tag, have had it before and not killed. A friend drew it 2 years ago and killed his bear in June.

Things we have noticed, the bears dont seem to move much until it stays warm consistently for a long time. We find no tracks on waterholes, roads, etc. until late April, which seems confusing because 22 is one of the warmer units.

I have the same tag. I am going to start setting up some trail cams in few weeks. What makes me a little nervous is that there is only a 1 sow quota, so someone could get lucky and end the hunt for everyone the first weekend.

Not telling anyone to pass a bear, but if you have a small sow in bow range, think about it before shooting. There are some big boars in 22.

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/video_clips/ICAM0005.AVI

A lot of the people i have talked to feel there are more bear south of Payson then there are north.

I'm not sure I agree. I think people see a lot more south because they can be glassed a lot easier. What do you think????

above is the link to the trail cam video I posted before

Mike

I have the same tag. I am going to start setting up some trail cams in few weeks. What makes me a little nervous is that there is only a 1 sow quota, so someone could get lucky and end the hunt for everyone the first weekend.

Not telling anyone to pass a bear, but if you have a small sow in bow range, think about it before shooting. There are some big boars in 22.

I don't want to see any ears,just a massive head swinging back and forth :o

I have had the spring rifle hunt in 31 twice. Both times the bears did not start to come out until the very end of the season. I think with all of the snow they have had up there, you might want to start with the cameras and then start glassing when it warms up. They will be in the nice green grassy areas. David

I have a unit 22 archery bear tag starting next month and could really use some input on how to make this a successful hunt, even if this means directing me towards a different forum.

Anyone had this hunt? I will be out scouting this weekend along with my contender encase I happen apon a piggy to fill my HAM tag.

Thanks, Mike

HIRE A GUIDE, MIKE!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :P :D :P :lol: :P :D :P :lol:

Got ya!!!!! ;) LMAO!!!!

Sorry, ol' buddy.... had to use that one on ya for sure!!!! :lol:

Thanks, Mike

HIRE A GUIDE, MIKE!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :P :D :P :lol: :P :D :P :lol:

Got ya!!!!! ;) LMAO!!!!

Sorry, ol' buddy.... had to use that one on ya for sure!!!! :lol:

Who should I use? Strawberry Mountain Outfitters?? :P NOT!!!

The GameHauler will do the GameGetten

Thanks, Mike.... I'll let you handle it. :P I am not sure if a mentioned this or not when we talked about this hunt on the phone... but I think I know a couple of places where spot and stalk might work..... if you are up to some Wicked stalks.... I will point them out on a map for you if you want to try it out......

Thanks, Mike.... I'll let you handle it. :P I am not sure if a mentioned this or not when we talked about this hunt on the phone... but I think I know a couple of places where spot and stalk might work..... if you are up to some Wicked stalks.... I will point them out on a map for you if you want to try it out......

I think I'll leave that for Chuck Adams,

I like the sound of a tree stand

Mike