COOSEFAN

Zeiss Digital Camera Adapter

I have had this adapter for awhile and have used it twice and carried it in my pack several times but just never use it.......too lazy I guess :P I've always kept it wrapped up in a towel so it has no scratches or wear except for very light scratches under where the tripod mounting bracket attaches to it. It is not as heavy as I have eluded to on other posts here.... it actually weighs 30oz. The functionality of it is awesome and very easy. It works with any scope (angled or straight) and all point-n-shoot cameras as far as I know, and it can also be used for small video cameras! I have not tried the video camera on it, but I have some pic's of one, looks like it would work great. These sell for between $350-$400... and to be fair.... there is one on Ebay right now with 1 day left and it was up to $185 last time I checked. I believe I still have the original box and I will ship it free of charge. I am asking $275.00 for this adapter, and I can get some actual pictures of it if anyone wants....these are not actual pic's of the item for sale, but the item does'nt look any different. Thanks, JIM>

Zeiss4.jpg

Zeiss2.jpg

Jim is there any way for that to work on our Swaro scopes????? I would be interested if so......

Jim is there any way for that to work on our Swaro scopes????? I would be interested if so......

Yeah, it works great on it. I've only use it on my Swaro STS 80 and it's the new model scope, not the old grey colored one, but I'm sure it works on all of em'. The hardest part about this adapter is getting it all set up for your camera. You mount the camera to it...adjust all the settings so it sits perfect against the lense of the scope...snap a few pic's to make sure it's all good.....then swivel it outta the way and find a subject to photograph. I used my Outdoorsmans tripod when I tried this set-up. It was too much weight on top of it to use it in any type of wind. I have the Swarovski Bogan and should have used it instead. So, if you have it on a sturdy tripod, it'll work great. JIM>

I will try to get some pic's of it attched to my scope.........I just have to find a second camera...

Alright, I got some pics here. This camera on the setup is a Canon G6, works pretty good, but I don't know any different :unsure: any digiscopin' I've done has been just holding the camera up to the scope and prayin' it works!

Zeiss66.jpg

Zeiss55.jpg

Zeiss77.jpg

If I'm seeing that right the small knob stops the for-aft travle to your preset choice, then you loosen the larger knob on the bottom to slide the arm back so you can swing it away.

If that is the case I think I would like that better than the swaro one since you don't need to leave it on the scope

SInce I had it set up, i took some photos...........I am not good at this digiscopin' thing but this is what I cam up with using it. I never take pictures in Digital Zoom but by doing so with my camera it zooms past the black oval that surrounds the pic. I usually just take the pic's like these, and crop the black stuff off later on the computer. BTW...it's windy outside too.....my Outdoorsman's tripod would have sucked with this set-up on it.....A heavy duty tripod is the way to go! Thanks, JIM>

This is without any Zoom and just camera.

Zeiss44.jpg

This is with all the Optical Zoom my camera has.....no scope.

Zeiss33.jpg

This is camera hooked up to scope....scope on 20X.

Zeiss22.jpg

This is camera hooked up to scope.....scope on 60X.

Zeiss11.jpg

If I'm seeing that right the small knob stops the for-aft travle to your preset choice, then you loosen the larger knob on the bottom to slide the arm back so you can swing it away.

If that is the case I think I would like that better than the swaro one since you don't need to leave it on the scope

Yeah.....this is true, but with most cameras, the lense retracts into itself, this allows enough room to swing the arm away without loosening anything. It has an alignment prong and an easy twist knob to remove the adapter from the scope fast and easily. It's tough when you have a standard tripod "plate" attached to the scope, and have to remove it to attach the scope to the adapter. You have to have another tripod "plate" that you leave on the adapter also. I would just automatically use the adapter, attach the scope, and if you see something then just mount up the camera to the already attached adapter. Once you get in the habit of using it, it probably becomes less of a hassle. I think all adapters pose similar hassles though. JIM>

SOLD. ;)

Thanks Jim. I just got her all set up and it looks like it will be purrrfect! I stopped on the way home and bought Outdoorsman base for the top of the mount so that I can switch my scope from the head to the camera adapter in second!! I can't wait to give her a whirl! I'll send you a pic as soon as I find someone to take a picture of my camera hooked up to my scope! :lol: :lol:

Thanks Again!

CnS

Okay!! Had elk on the hill by my house this morning and tried to take a digi-scope pic but the elk moved through too fast so all I got was trees. The pic is at the lowest power @ about 550 yds..... only trees..no elk. :( Then I put my video camera on and it works great on the adapter!! So I took a still pic of the set-up w/ the video camera on it. :) Thanks again, Jim!

post-996-1173718197_thumb.jpg

post-996-1173718288_thumb.jpg