Sign in to follow this  
Deserttrecker

Hunting Gear Exchange

I'm not sure if something like this can work in this day and age with all the dishonesty and shadiness out there. But in trying to gear up for my late rifle bull hunt I'm finding it pretty expensive to get the things I want to have for the hunt. So I was wondering since the community here is pretty tight, and I have even seen people offer to loan things to complete strangers, maybe we could start a gear loan/exchange. There could be a deposit and agreement to replace the item if lost or damaged between the two parties. I'm just thinking that since gear is so pricey and you only need it for a small part if the year.

So I'll start it off, I have a pair of 8x Steiner binos, a cheapo Simmons spotter, a remington 30-06 pump rifle, and a bow pack I can put up for loan

I'm looking to barrow some shooting sticks

• Like 2

Very nice of you Lionhunter! Desert, you may also look into building some for a couple bucks. Go to Home Depot and buy 2 round sticks, a small bolt, and take an old piece of leather for the top. I use this kind all the time and works great!

Very nice of you Lionhunter! Desert, you may also look into building some for a couple bucks. Go to Home Depot and buy 2 round sticks, a small bolt, and take an old piece of leather for the top. I use this kind all the time and works great!

+1 that is what I did. I had spray the tips with bed liner from walmart for $3 so the wood wouldn't chip and tapped a screw through the wood to keep it together. Even got a a piece of leather for $2 from hobby lobby (that's right...I said hobby lobby) and super glued it to where the rifle contacts the wood. Spend about $10 altogether and saved $50 on a primos. Have made several others as gifts just to use up the left overs.

I don't say this to take away from the thread though. I think this is a great thread and concept!!!!