That is quite the memories you have made for your family and it is great that you had your girls with you. Now that you have had some time to let it all sink in, will you be doing anything different in the event it happens again? I am still waiting for my first called in lion with my boys.

It's still sinking in. It's still keeping me up at night! Few things:

1. Bring extra shells! My heart sank when that lion got out of sight and I was out of ammo. I knew it was hit bad and I have some dog connections so I knew I'd get it, but I would have rather been able to have my girls seen it go down. I almost always have more ammunition as mentioned but the time I went with the bare minimum I needed more.

2. Find the best load for my shotgun with copper plated ammunition. I want more penetration. Yes, I recovered the lion and it didn't go far but the first shot had at least two pellets to the head. Must have not penetrated the skull. The loads I have I tested standing up and they are "good enough", not much gets away with that rig but I want to know I have the best available. Maybe there is something better. Today I ordered 6 different loads of #4, #1 and 00 buck mostly copper plated. I'll do a proper pattern test with a lead sled and see what the best load is.

3. Call premium lion country more often! That was an incredible experience. I know the odds of doing it again aren't good but I have a lot of years of hunting left and I want try. I know a lot of nasty country that I've seen tracks in. They are around. Might as well have them hear a call more often.