Sign in to follow this  
bonecollector777

***SOLD***Broken down 2004 Ford Powerstroke 6.0 Lariat $4500 Added Ford diagnosis picture.****SOLD****

Update, apparently my dad mis remembered and the engine didn't lose compression on the one side. Injectors 2,3,5 are bad and cylinders 4,5 are low on compression. Sorry for the confusion. Here is the Ford diagnosis last time it broke.

post-8945-0-88081500-1428771655_thumb.jpg

Ford 6.0 performs really well for a 6 liter. The problem was the new emission laws that took place which caused for the EGR and ford crappy oiler cooler. Those are the two main problems for about 90% of the problems. The EGR was poorly design, it would build up with soot easily and cause head pressure and stretch the bolts and pop the gaskets. Then you had their crappy oiler cooler that was also poorly designed and clogged easily and did the exact same thing. The other 10% is when people chipped it out all the way up ford should of,thought putting in stronger head bolts. But now Ford can't admit to their mistakes or they would have to pay up to all the law suits. Once you get the EGR and oiler cooler fixed 90% of you major problems are gone. If you have the money to head stud them you can chip the crap out of them and they are bad A&& trucks. Mine is,bullet proof but the head studs and it's chipped to a mild performance. Performs great. I've towed with the 7.3 and the 6.0'and the 6.0 has it beat. Another 5-10'years from now no one will be talking about the 6.0. They are only going to remember how awesome the new 6.7 is!

• Like 1