PelaPapas

Oak Creek Camping...

Good morning and happy Monday!!!

I'm planning on a small family camping trip this summer to Oak Creek. I haven't been up there for years and really looking forward to heading up. I have some questions to see if anyone that is more familiar with the area could help me out...

*** We are planning on heading up on July 24th (Friday) early A.M. to arrive around 7-8am, and will be in need of 3 spaces/camp spots ***

1. I heard it gets pretty crowded in the summer. Leaving early Friday morning to arrive between 7-8am, will we have any problems getting 3 camping spots?

2. We are planning to stay at the Cave springs camp ground because of its large amount of campsites (82 sites) or possibly Manzanita campground (18 sites) . What would be our best bet?

I know you can reserve sites beforehand but all are booked up for the weekend we can all go. Any info is greatly appreciated!

Arriving that early on a Friday I would think you will be fine. Oak Creek gets crazy busy, so it's always hard to say. Let us know! Good Luck.

Oak Creek gets crazy busy, so it's always hard to say.

That's what I'm afraid of! Total of 5 Families are heading up there. I'd hate to show up and there not be any spaces available.

National Forrest is very close and FREE!!!!!!!!!!

National Forrest is very close and FREE!!!!!!!!!!

True, but wanting to stay somewhere with water so the kids can enjoy themselves.

• Like 1