Sign in to follow this  
archerman

Upcoming Buffalo Hunt

We'll be up at the same time! I drew the 12aEast only hunt. I sure hope they're on my side of the road.. :)

Hey gang,

Make sure and go to the AZGFD seminar for tag holders. My father Corky Richardson and our good friend Russ Jacoby will be MUCH help to everyone. High success rates are very dependent upon working together, coordinating who will sit where, making sure you don't walk in on each other, staying off main roads, camping out of the buffalo areas, etc..... I know this seems odd compared to most hunts when everyone seems to be scrambling to beat their fellow hunters to the best spots, the next ridge, nearest bugle, etc.. The hunt is much different now that the buffalo do not go down onto the ranch. (I think the last year they were down was in 2009 when I had a permit. I was lucky enough to hunt both of my bison when they were down on the ranch. It was a lot more fun not having to worry about the park boundry)

We just came off the Kaibab yesterday. My wife Lauren shot her cow with her bow on Friday afternoon and the next day our hunting partners shot two more cows with rifles. (Two hunters working together two shoot cows out of the same herd).

Call Russ Jacoby or my father Corky if you want more information or want to discuss fully guided hunts.

It is a blast! Work together and you will all have more success!

Russ

• Like 3

What Russ said above do... I shot a cow on Saturday thanks to Russ Jacoby. The other hunter shot a yearling bull just minutes before I shot mine out of the same herd. A big bull stood guard over her for 20-30 minutes before he finally left.

Its not your normal deer or elk hunt situation. You can try and you might succeed but it'll be harder. Nowhere to glass and its really thick treed areas.

Good luck.

• Like 3

Does anyone know if the tag holders will be getting a mailer giving details about the seminar.