Sign in to follow this  
CUZTAIL

info for kaibab buffalo hunt

So i got drawn for archery buff. Ive almost killed out on the az big 10. I have no problems nor need no help doing my thing. I took that attitude to kaibab and quickly dropped it. Lee Jacoby found me day 1 and said come over to buff camp that night and lets talk. I quickly relized after meeting the other 9 hunters this wasnt your average hunt. Big money, once in a life time and hunters who all gave a dam about working together for 1 goal. I got with the program, we all met every morning and every evening. Talked out what we saw and what we were going to do about it as a team. Buffalo started dropping. Hunters started moving. Jacoby started pulling hunters for stalks and killing Buffalo. The last i heard, 8 of 10 filled, number 9 was looking for his bull. 3 of the hunters had bad shots and still killed out.

• Like 1

sorry, pushed send... It really reminded me of the good ole days when us archers got along. When we use to share info and help each other out. My hat goes off to Russ and Lee Jacoby. They got that hunt down to a tee. They work their tails off and it shows. Without them it would of been absolute chaos. I ran into 3 hunters by opening day noon. They settle it all down, keep people from screwing it all up for everybody and it works!.Too me, being stubborn and thinking your the man has no place for this hunt. Sure go prove your worth and prove you can kill a buff and screw everybody else up. So yah, thats my thoughts. When 9 out of 10 kill i think it says it all. if i had to do it all over again, i would straight up pay full guide fees and truly enjoy a once in a lifetime hunt. (never paid a guide in my life) If you do your research you will see the free range buffalo herd will most likely be coming to an end soon. sounds like they are going to pen some up at Houserock and finish the herd off in the canyon. so its my thoughts, if you get a tag call Russ up and make the most of it.

• Like 1

I'm lost in this post! I want to see pics ha ha