Sign in to follow this  
azryan

elk scouting for a buddy

Just thought i would share...I was up in 5bs scouting for a buddy's elk hunt....ended up bagging a couple things

Here is the coyote I called in....shot him at 127 yards with my .270

0626070610.jpg

0626070610a.jpg

And here is the little rabbit I took with my bow he was at 11 yards

Picture05.jpg

Saw some decent bulls...one of them will go over 300' he had some nice fronts and long g 3's....wish I had a pic of him but I only had my camera phone...he was a little too far away for it

I was in there Saturday evening looking around and had a big coyote cross the road in front of me. I planned on doing some spot lighting that night, so I didn't have a gun with me. That coyote you shot looks like he was in bad shape. There will be alot of hunters in the long lake area when the season hits, if you plan on hunting in that area. I had five different groups of elk cross the road in front of me on Friday night while driving on 87, and a real nice bull standing on the side of the road near east clear creek. David

sounds like a successful trip, i was up in 3C at my cabin this last weekend and went out hiking to see what was around, saw a huge herd of elk, about 40-50 head, 5 mule deer, and a few coyotes. waiting for my scope to come in so i can sight it in then go practice with it on some coyotes around the east valley area.

I was in there Saturday evening looking around and had a big coyote cross the road in front of me. I planned on doing some spot lighting that night, so I didn't have a gun with me. That coyote you shot looks like he was in bad shape. There will be alot of hunters in the long lake area when the season hits, if you plan on hunting in that area. I had five different groups of elk cross the road in front of me on Friday night while driving on 87, and a real nice bull standing on the side of the road near east clear creek. David

Well my buddy has a spot that he has gone to for years where he never encounters any other hunters...so he will probably stick to that.

He cant drive right now...so I went out and am looking for some other areas for him just in case his plans fall through...my buddy's spot is in the nothern part of the unit...so I decided to check out the southern part...some areas are going to be very promising

It just sucks how dry it is out there