Sign in to follow this  
PelaPapas

ATV Rear Bag/Passenger Seat...

Looking to buy a rear bag storage/passenger seat for my atv. Not sure if I should get the hard molded plastic type or the soft bag type? Main thing I want is the padded seat so I can take my daughter out scouting with me. I'm leaning towards the soft type bag, I've found alot of them under $100. Just wondering if anybody has experience using these and if they come with seat belts?

Any info is appreciated...

I used to use the soft rear bags on my 2 honda ranchers. They worked great, but the biggest drawback I found was they were by no means waterproof. The hard cases have a leg up there. No rear storage bag either hard case or soft is going to come with seat belts. When you look at the package I am sure it will say something to the effect that "the padded seat and arm rest is not to be used while the vehicle is in motion". Unless your ATV is built for 2 riders (you wouldn't need a padded rear bag if it was), it is illegal to ride double. I have been stopped multiple times by game and fish and the forest service for that, but thankfully most people are reasonable and just let me off with a warning. Seems ridiculous I know, but the law is the law.

American Thunder- Thanks for the info! I didn't know it was illegal for a 2nd passenger! I guess I'm still thinking of the old days when I used to double ride with my cousins on their atvs! I've seen people out with a passenger on their atv so I never even thought of it being illegal.

Well looks like I'll just have to buy a cargo bag without passenger seat. The only reason I wanted the seat was so my daughter could be my co-pilot. Thanks again for the info and heads up!

• Like 1

You might get more help if you got rid of that big A in your avatar.  Just say'n.

jk