Sign in to follow this  
GhostTracker180

Any recent scouting reports?

I have not had a chance to get out yet this year to scout. With all the extra moisture, I expect the deer herd in the southern half of Az should be in good shape. Horns should be excellent this year. Anyone, been out and seening bucks better than last year or more of them? What are y'all's thoughts for the up coming seasons?

The deer in the desert where I'm at look really healthy. Antler growth hasn't been any better than in the last few years though. The desert is really green though with some areas looking like a jungle. Should make for a good year. Here is a picture of a decent buck I got on a camera recently.

post-12597-0-85088400-1443463257_thumb.jpg

I'm in northern az but I've found excellent antler growth. Found these two bucks the other day, they are not monsters by any stretch but are very, very young bucks from a "sub-par" unit. I think that these 2 deer, although young, illustrate the fact that we have had far above average horn growth, at least here in northern az. Although I'm sure it's very similar in the south end of the state.post-2151-0-33649700-1443463642_thumb.jpg

post-2151-0-96902400-1443463661_thumb.jpg

Sorry about the pic quality, it was taken in low light through my spotting scope with my phone.