Sign in to follow this  
43F

3C Camping for Turkey Hunt

Hi all, I was able to draw a turkey tag for 3C and will be going up this weekend. I have no experience in that area south of the highway and just looking for someone to send me to a good place to set up camp. I'll be driving a up after work Friday so it has to be somewhat easy to get to in the dark. I've done some camping in 4A just across the highway from 3C, but would rather get into the unit since I really have no idea where I'm going to hunt yet. heck, I really don't know any other hunters so if you don't mind me joining your camp that would be great! Tell me what to bring.

I had every intention of at least getting up to the unit to check it out, but my sister is a single mom and I give my parents a break every Saturday from watching my nephew. I would have made a great day trip out of it, but my sister won't let my nephew ride in the backseat of my Jeep. She is a little overprotective of my nephew.

Thanks in advance for any tips on camping!

Frank

Yeah anywhere off the 300 you're gonna be camping with a thousand other people. It's like a small city on the weekends. I'd go with what Pintail said and try the 146 and 125 or maybe 50 road. Will be a lot less people and closer to more turkey.

Yeah anywhere off the 300 you're gonna be camping with a thousand other people. It's like a small city on the weekends. I'd go with what Pintail said and try the 146 and 125 or maybe 50 road. Will be a lot less people and closer to more turkey.

I agree 100% .. My suggestion was based on the OP coming in on late on a Friday night with no prior scouting for camps ... a lot of good spots off the 146,125, and 50 but the best ones I am betting will be taken by Friday. I guess also depends on the type of camp he is setting up

Thanks for the help guys. Honestly, getting a turkey would be icing on the cake. I just want to get out in the woods for a few days. Thanks again.