Sign in to follow this  
Physch

Two-way Radios

I have the Garmin 650 as do my dad and brother and we try to use them to communicate when out hunting. They are nice but my experience is the radio function doesn't work that great. The range is pretty poor especially when the terrain is anything but flat.

This has been my experience as well. I ended up just using a separate gps with a pair of Midland GMRS radios and this setup has worked better for me. Just got a Baofeng and am going to get Ham license...we'll see how that works out.

I have the Garmin 650 as do my dad and brother and we try to use them to communicate when out hunting. They are nice but my experience is the radio function doesn't work that great. The range is pretty poor especially when the terrain is anything but flat.

This has been my experience as well. I ended up just using a separate gps with a pair of Midland GMRS radios and this setup has worked better for me. Just got a Baofeng and am going to get Ham license...we'll see how that works out.

Which model did you get?

Which model did you get?

The Baofeng? The UV-82HP.