jmwarren65

January Archery Tips????

I did some archery hunting 30 years ago and am getting back in to it this January with an OTC deer tag. I have the area located. It is in the junipers on the far north side of the Mogollon rim. Visibility is severely limited. I know where they water. Do I hunt the water hole in January or should I go looking for them? My plan is to be out there 5 to 7 days and I will be setting up a trail cam or two prior to the hunt.

After reading through many of the mule deer posts on the forum, I've decided I will get Jim Heffelfinger's book Deer of the Southwest. Looks like it is a good source of info. And I will be contacting the wildlife manager for that unit. Are there any other resources I can look into for more info? Any recommendations from personal experience?

Hunting water depends on the weather that time of year. If its a dry winter than I say yes to the waterhole. If we have a wet winter as predicted water sources will be everywhere.

I suggest try to find a high point in your area & glass, glass, glass as soon as you find em put em to bed than the stalk is on.