devinv

24b (bear)

got my new tripod in finally and want to do some glassing for bear, wanted to head out to 24b, anybody have any areas to look at? or is not a good glassing area for bear? what about 3b or 6b?

For 24B, go into the Superstition Wildnerness and you'll increase your odds of spotting a blackie!

KP

As said before superstition wilderness area does have a decent population of bears. Ive noticed that a bit further east tends to produce a bit better. Check out the higher country around iron mountain and the trailhead to Rogers trough. not bad country. 6b is good also but access to good glassing takes some long footwork.

Well looks like no where now both units close wednesday. There goes my fun.

As said before superstition wilderness area does have a decent population of bears. Ive noticed that a bit further east tends to produce a bit better. Check out the higher country around iron mountain and the trailhead to Rogers trough. not bad country. 6b is good also but access to good glassing takes some long footwork.

not familiar with the area at all, went to the campaign tralhead today, glassed a little, didnt look much like bear country. didnt stay long, took the 188 all the way around roosevelt to the 87 and glassed mt ord on the way back to chandler. didnt see a thing. i dont know any areas besides down south. i needa get out and glass some of the areas aroundthe valley, just not as fun doing it alone.