PseAZ

Badlands Packs

Has anyone Used or owned The Badlands OX and or Diablo Pack? Im thinking of selling my 2200 after hunting season and getting the OX and Diablo. One for Backpacking and elk hunts. And the other For spot and stalk and treestand hunts. Any info would be greatly appreciated

I have both packs and love both of them. That's exactly what I did was I got the ox for longer day trips or overnight trips. Works great especially for carrying more gear like my rifle, tripod, spotting scope etc. plenty of room, sometimes too much. The only downside of the ox is that it is slightly heavier empty then other packs on the market, but it is solid and bullet proof. I have packed out many whole coues deer by strapping the whole deer inside and have packed out many elk. I have had it for 5 years and it shows very little wear on it, very durable. As for the Diablo, I have the older version which they just came out with the new one. I love that pack as well. The older one is a little smaller but it's perfect for spot and stalk. The hypervent system makes it much cooler on your back especially during early season hunts and still plenty of storage. I can fit my tripod in the older pack as well which makes it nice. Hope this helps a little bit. Badlands makes great packs and both of those are my go to packs.

• Like 1

I have the ox and ill say its a work horse. Is it the lightest pack... no. But the thing is bullet proof. I've used it for day hunts and for extened trips and its does both well. Tons of room and space to bring what ever you need. You just have to discipline your self not to bring to much, which is easy to do. People tend to pack there fears and what is not actually going to be needed, easy to do with the ox. But with that said i really like the pack.

Awesome input guys. I have a 2200 and my brother in-law superday and there great packs. He had a rip in his and they replaced the pack. Awesome service and turn around on the new pack. I like my 2200 but wouldn't mind getting one for each rather than use the 2200 for all 3. Went into the local shop and seen a few packs they has the summit, its a nice pack but I think the OX would be a lot more functional for what were looking for. And i've always liked the diablo. Wish they had one In stock to mess with.

Guest oneshot

I use the Diablo for most of my hunts and the Super Day pack for extended hunts... love them both, no issues...

Yea I think it would get more use out of the diablo, using it for spot and stocking and treestand hunting. As we all know we cant get drawn every year for elk. But if we do ill have it. Also If the wife Gets into hunting wouldn't mind doing a few backpacking trips into some couse country.