Sign in to follow this  
dominiqh20

Has anyone used ALPS backpack?

I'm in the market to upgrade my backpack, at 1st I was going towards the eberlestock X2, but when I tried it on it seems to fit me a little small, even when I made the adjustments. I seen the ALPS Traverse EPS and it seems to be a much better fit on me. I guess my question is I know how the X2 feels when fully loaded with gear, because my buddy let me try it on, but does anyone have experience with the ALPS being loaded with gear and how well it holds up? Thanks in advance

I have the traverse. I think it's a fantastic design but I find it to be a little on the heavy side. That being said, I have hauled multiple deer and an elk out of the woods with it. It holds up well and feels great when loaded down. They have great customer support as well. I blew a zipper on a backpacking alps pack and the replaced the whole pack no questions asked.

• Like 1

ok I was reading the reviews and back in 2013 is the only bad reviews I seen on it and all the most recent reviews were majority 5 star reviews. The heavy part don't bother me to much. Thank you for your input, I was hoping to hear from someone you used it out in the woods already

I have had the Traverse for a few years now. Good pack. Great design and feels good with weight in it.

• Like 1

Thanks guys I think I'll buy the traverse and try it out. The meat packing system is what really stands out for me as I do a lot of mule and coues deer hunting.