Sign in to follow this  
PelaPapas

Vortex Glasspak Bino Harness

Anybody seen or have this new Glasspak bino harness from Vortex? Looks like a nice one! Looks like mix between the AGC and FHF harnesses. Non-exposed eye cups on binos with full coverage going up to the top like an AGC and lid and bungee closure like the FHF. Also looks to have the same harness straps similar to the AGC as well. Looks like good buy for $50!

http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/glasspak_bincoular-harness

It looks a little more noisy that the AGH. The material inside looks like it would be "zippy" sounding. I agree it looks like a good buy for $50 though!

• Like 1

Anybody seen or have this new Glasspak bino harness from Vortex? Looks like a nice one! Looks like mix between the AGC and FHF harnesses. Non-exposed eye cups on binos with full coverage going up to the top like an AGC and lid and bungee closure like the FHF. Also looks to have the same harness straps similar to the AGC as well. Looks like good buy for $50!

I just bought a FHF medium bino harness.. Those things are super hard to get they are always sold out and I had to get on their email list so I can get notified when they have more ready. Anyways the dude emailed me and told me he had more in and to buy them ASAP because they literally sold out in like 12 hours. He also mentioned he changed a couple things to make it quieter. I got this one..

SmallProfeat.jpg

• Like 1

I just bought a FHF medium bino harness.. Those things are super hard to get they are always sold out and I had to get on their email list so I can get notified when they have more ready. Anyways the dude emailed me and told me he had more in and to buy them ASAP because they literally sold out in like 12 hours. He also mentioned he changed a couple things to make it quieter. I got this one..

I had seen the new design of the FHF and it looks nice.Does FHF sell that exact ALL-Foliage colorway you posted above in size medium for 10x42? I like that one. I've only seen the foliage/tan colorway with half tan, half foliage lid/cover that I didn't really care for. Still wanting to try out a FHF for myself, only thing holding me back from buying one is that the top of the binos is still exposed on the sides when the cover is on.

• Like 1

SmallProfeat.jpg

I had seen the new design of the FHF and it looks nice.Does FHF sell that exact ALL-Foliage colorway you posted above in size medium for 10x42? I like that one. I've only seen the foliage/tan colorway with half tan, half foliage lid/cover that I didn't really care for. Still wanting to try out a FHF for myself, only thing holding me back from buying one is that the top of the binos is still exposed on the sides when the cover is on.

They now make them in foliage / tan I don't think they make the all foliage ones anymore because thats the one I wanted but it came foliage / tan.. In the email they told me they upgraded the liner inside the harness.. You want size medium or large? You better get on the mailing list , they send an email telling you whats back in stock and to buy quick because they literally sell out in 10-15 hours.. Medium is the perfect size for 10 x 42 thats what I bought for my 10 x 42's , large probably hold 12's fine. I'm still trying to get their GPS Rhino pouch but those things are never in stock.. Yeah the sides are exposed and that may be concerning for some hunters.. It doesn't bother me too much because I'm not rocking 2,000.00 Swaro 's or 15's

• Like 1

They now make them in foliage / tan I don't think they make the all foliage ones anymore because thats the one I wanted but it came foliage / tan.. In the email they told me they upgraded the liner inside the harness.. You want size medium or large? You better get on the mailing list , they send an email telling you whats back in stock and to buy quick because they literally sell out in 10-15 hours.. Medium is the perfect size for 10 x 42 thats what I bought for my 10 x 42's , large probably hold 12's fine. I'm still trying to get their GPS Rhino pouch but those things are never in stock.. Yeah the sides are exposed and that may be concerning for some hunters.. It doesn't bother me too much because I'm not rocking 2,000.00 Swaro 's or 15's

Yeah I would need a medium for my 10s. I was on the mailing list and got the update the last time they were in stock. I was ready to order but decided last minute not to pull the trigger. Color and side exposure still has me thinking twice about it. My AGC harness is serving me well until I can try out a fhf. I'm trying to find me one of the older fhf models in all foliage to try out.

• Like 1

I ended up ordering the Vortex Glasspak yesterday. I didn't see too many reviews on it, but figured it's probably better than my cheapie $20 Nikon harness that always bounces up and just about cracks a tooth out.

I plan on testing out the Glasspak on a hunt helping a buddy out in 19A next weekend. Then my mule deer hunt up in 8 at the end of the month. I'll report back.

• Like 1

I ended up ordering the Vortex Glasspak yesterday. I didn't see too many reviews on it, but figured it's probably better than my cheapie $20 Nikon harness that always bounces up and just about cracks a tooth out.

I plan on testing out the Glasspak on a hunt helping a buddy out in 19A next weekend. Then my mule deer hunt up in 8 at the end of the month. I'll report back.

Look forward to hearing your review on it. I'm trying my hand at all harnesses to see which one I like best.