GotElk?

22 north late season rifle

My brother and I drew the second rifle season in Arizona unit 22 north. Looking for a bit of advice, more or less looking for a place to camp, is water an issue?, places to avoid. If I can find someone local we'd be willing to pay for your time. Feel free to pm me, or email me at dwharberts@yahoo.com

We drew the flagstaff late season elk tag 2 years ago and came home with 2 nice Bulls. I'd be willing to exchange information for that unit.

Like i said not looking for anyone's secret spot, just a general area, place to set up camp.

Shoot straight

we had this tag few years back.

For camping: we stayed just off the control road. We actually camped off of fr64 (diamond point shadows road) its pretty nice, and has lots of options for camping. It is a little off center, but still close.

that hunt is dependent on the weather a whole bunch. 22 has two back to back bull hunts (typically thanksgiving bull, and the following week). Elk tend to drop down from the rim lake units down to the lower country when the extreme cold and weather hit up top. Pray for snow. That being said, find some good spots to work from the control road north to the "shelf" .

When we had our hunt, the only guys I had heard of being successful hiked the az trail that runs parallel to the northern border of the unit and had to pack animals out.

good luck