Sign in to follow this  
GreeneMachine

My First Buck...

How big was the hole? I'm bringing my 7mm Rem Mag with the 168gr VLD as my back up gun, for my November Coues hunt (just in case it gets windy or something).

It's probably about golf ball size. Maybe slightly bigger. But it seems to do it every time. My hunting buddy and his wife have used it for 2 years and every animal has the same hole. Entry and exit holes are solid every time. I was using an accubond for years and the hole it created is nothing like this VLD. Almost lost a 100" deer because the accubond was going straight threw deer with hardly any damage, no blood trail. The VLD damages. I'll take the chance of meat damage over a lost deer all day.

I'm with you on the accubonds I will never shoot them again, I have had the same experience as you only on mule deer... I noe shoot ELD-X's

• Like 1

How big was the hole? I'm bringing my 7mm Rem Mag with the 168gr VLD as my back up gun, for my November Coues hunt (just in case it gets windy or something).

It's probably about golf ball size. Maybe slightly bigger. But it seems to do it every time. My hunting buddy and his wife have used it for 2 years and every animal has the same hole. Entry and exit holes are solid every time. I was using an accubond for years and the hole it created is nothing like this VLD. Almost lost a 100" deer because the accubond was going straight threw deer with hardly any damage, no blood trail. The VLD damages. I'll take the chance of meat damage over a lost deer all day.

I had the same issues with the accubonds... as of late I'm using ELD-X's and have been really pleased with the outcome... fantastic Coues by the way!!!

Apparently I had already replied to this thread about the accubonds!!! Sorry for the double post... Starting the day early