Sign in to follow this  
CouesSlayer

Elk Hunt

Well I'm leaving Tuesday for my elk hunt. We scouted the last two weekends and found fresh sign, particularly a lot of rubs, but no elk sightings or bugles heard yet. I'll keep you guys updated, they should heat up this week with a storm that's going to hit monday and tuesday, maybe it won't be ninety degrees! hahaha! :P Wish me luck on my first bow elk hunt!

Well I'm leaving Tuesday for my elk hunt. We scouted the last two weekends and found fresh sign, particularly a lot of rubs, but no elk sightings or bugles heard yet. I'll keep you guys updated, they should heat up this week with a storm that's going to hit monday and tuesday, maybe it won't be ninety degrees! hahaha! :P Wish me luck on my first bow elk hunt!

good luck headed to 16 e oct 13 for a muzzy tag, let's see those pics

Just got back! It was one of those "how close can you get?" hunts. I was drawn on a bull that I'm guessing is around 330-340AT THE LEAST , but he would not step out from behind the tree! He finally just took his cows and left. THe next two days were rough cuz they weren't bugling at all, but yesterday and today they were back again. I had a 3x3 at thirty yards yesterday evening but just couldn't make myself shoot so I passed him up. This morning we heard a toad of a bull but never saw him even though he was about 60-80 yards out. Just couldn't make it happen, but that's how it goes. We're makin one last charge on Monday so we will see what happens. Pray for me. hahaha!

let's see some pics, good luck head out oct 10, can't sleep ,and wife is ready for me to go, she knows but doesn't understand why i walk around the house all hours of the night and can't sleep, i hate the wait, good luck again Andy