Sign in to follow this  
fuentestm

what is the most effective way to bowhunt coues?

Depending on cover and terrain its spot and stalk or still hunt,

Ground blinds and tree stands are BORING!!, Im 54 and can still

get around and stick one if i watch the wind and move like a snail.

(I still havent forgot what I learned in 1968 - 1970)

Edited by deljack

Guest Ernesto C

Hi deljack,there is no doubt about that spot and stalk or still hunt is exciting but you as a hunter I know you know what patience is. To hunt from a ground blind or tree stand is not boring is also an effective method and yes you MUST HAVE patience. A tree stand or ground blind have "their time and place" like Azplumber said. I'm not going to put a tree stand or ground blind on a side hill or valley just because it looks good or pretty;in order to put a tree stand or blind some research and scouting shuold be done prior the hunt,once you locate their travel corridors,food and water,tree stand or ground blind is an opcion. HOLY CAGUAMAS :D how many wall hangers,bucks of a lifetime,record animals have been hunted from treestand or ground blinds? oh men in that case please let me get "boring" every time I hunt with my bow ;)

I have used the two methods and like I said they have their time and place,is like playing football you must have different strategys or "ways" to score a touchdown,sometimes they work sometimes they dont :blink:

Thank you and God bless you. Ernesto C.

Hi Ernesto C.

I have been thinking about your reply and you are 100% right, Tree stands are a personal choice. And some people call my Ghillie Suit a moving ground blind

Good Luck.

Deljack.

Guest mike

A treestand over salt is the most productive way to hunt coues. Location is the most important factor.