Sign in to follow this  
Vbraley

Unit 32 Nov. Coues Hunt

My son and I drew a Unit 32 W/T hunt. My problem is he plays football and if I'm lucky, because of school and football he might be able to hunt about 1 day and 1/2, opening weekend. We are familiar with the Bunker Hill/Mercer Rd and Copper creek rd, travel time is no factor as long as he can hunt all day sunday opening weekend. We aren't expecting anything big but for his first Coues rifle hunt I need to find and area with population so he may have some opportunities on something with horns. Mercer's roster is full so that leaves us going elsewhere. If you can help, thanks.

YLE Canyon...Copper Creek gets hammered with people....

Found it on the map, I was just one canyon north of there scoutin' last year then my Grandfather passed away, we didn't get to hunt. My son and I had December tags. Anyway are there issues with access do you know? I am going to plan on going down there in the AM (9/28) and try to get to the foot of the Mtns.

Thanks,

Vince B.

Found it on the map, I was just one canyon north of there scoutin' last year then my Grandfather passed away, we didn't get to hunt. My son and I had December tags. Anyway are there issues with access do you know? I am going to plan on going down there in the AM (9/28) and try to get to the foot of the Mtns.

Thanks,

Vince B.

I was in there last year and didn't have any access problems. The road into the canyon is just north of the San Pedro...there was a sign in box there.

Thanks,

Vince B.

I was in there last year and didn't have any access problems. The road into the canyon is just north of the San Pedro...there was a sign in box there.

Cool, I've been looking at my Topo program and I see where there are 2 ways to get there. Didn't make it this last weekend, but it definately has my curiousity up. thanks.......

Looks like YLE is no secret either, I was in there yesterday, finally found my way past the ranch and made it to YLE Tank. There were 2 camps set up near the end of the road which is right on the ridgeline just above the tank? Looks good, hopefully the confusion at the ranch will keep at least 50% of the road hunters looking for something else?