Sign in to follow this  

Doc Hamman

read in the paper today that Doc Hamman died. he was a chiropractor in safford for years. for many years he had the world record typical archery coues buck. musta killed it in the 50's or early 60's. the rack hung in the old western auto store forever. when i was a kid i used to always go in there just to look at it. it was a big 4x4 + eyegurads. seems like it was 110-ish. a guy named Kouts had the world record typical b&c coues for many years in safford too. used to always find an excuse to go in his cabinet shop to look at it. anyway, another ol' whitetail hunter is down. Lark.

Dang Lark - you brought back some memories! I went to school with Randy Kouts whose dad you're talking about. We used to go up on the Grahams chasing whitetails in his '58 Chevy pickup. That was a pretty buck in the shop there on Main Street! Dave

Thanks for posting that information Lark. Doc Hamman worked on my back a lot when I was playing football.

I remember that buck in Western Auto but I did not realize that he shot it. He was a nice guy.