Sign in to follow this  
justanotherpunk

Identifying objects with a scope

Took a couple of friends hunting this weekend. Had a great time camping, hunting and B.S.ing. Nice break from work. Saw a number of bucks and they even got to shoot a more than one of them. I've finally come to terms with all the stuff I see people do that doesn't sit well with me. Much less frustrating and much more fun. Some of it can even be pretty darn hilarious. People never cease to entertain.

There is one thing however, I will never get over. Why do people think it is exceptable to point a firearm at someone to see what they are. I swear it is getting harder and harder to hold back. Makes me want to shoot somebody when it happens. How many of you had this happen at least once this year? How do you respond once it happens?

My dad started doing it as he aged and a few years later he was diagnosed with alzcheimer's disease and is in a home now. Shows the mentality out there. I pretty much avoid exposing myself to people and they don't scope me. An old habit I aquired through alot of free training I was put through.

Mark

Thats the main reason I switched to bow. Now am willing to rifle hunt but the country is much more remote. Seems to be better educated hunters way in deep.

I pretty much avoid exposing myself to people and they don't scope me. An old habit I aquired through alot of free training I was put through.

Mark

I went through a similar training I'm sure. I too go out of my way to avoid detection unless being detect is required for safety reasons, like some dumb A about to shoot in my direction. I was stalking a buck with my bow not far off a road when some road hunting would be poacher pulled up and took a crack at the deer from inside his truck. I yelled but stayed safely behind the tree. The idiot missed but he also blew my stalk. He peeled out before I got the plate #. A nice 4x4 muley would have made a fine first deer with my bow. Not the first time I have had idiot ruin a stalk for me, not the last either.

I always give them a free look at my naked back side. The worst part about it is they usualy have a set of binos around there neck .

I was in Utah a few years back hunting with my brother-in-law and his bother when his bother starting looking at other hunters through his scope. I informed him that when he did that he was aiming his rifle at the other hunters - he simply replied that he was trying to figure out what they were. I told him that there is only one thing in the woods that wears blaze orange and that's humans and that the last time I checked it wasn't human season.

Later in the day when we were loading up the truck by bother-in-law asked his bother to unload his gun to which he replied it was. My brother -in-law said great then work the action. A five minute arguement proceeded and was ended with his bother working the action and ejecting a round from the chamber.

Needless to say that was the last time either of us hunted with my bother-in-law's brother.