Sign in to follow this  
Richie

Unit 15 Archery Deer Tag

Last year was my first time hunting New Mexico. I drew a unit 23 archery Mule deer tag. Long story short...Had some help from a few members here(thank you). I also made several scouting trips glassing, learning the unit/roads and putting out/checking cameras. I narrowed it down to a few select areas. Unfortunately, the only opportunities I had during my hunt were coues deer. Regardless I had a great time.

New Mexico-1 Me-0

This year I decided on unit 15 because of the any deer tag. Ive done the desk scouting/research on the computer and going on my first trip next week. I was looking to see if anyone has hunted in this unit before and has any experiences/advice that they would like to share. So far I have found that most people speak of good elk hunting, roads everywhere and at one point outfitters/guides were out of control.

• Like 1

Good luck on the new unit Richie. I will say I am impressed with all the hard work you have been putting in to where ever you draw. You definitely have done your homework, foot work, and time spent like no other I know.

If anyone wants to share any experience/advise with Richie I can assure you he is not your typical E-scouter. He hasn't been hunting long but definitely has what it takes to be one of the best someday. :)

TJ

Thanks for being a great mentor Tom!

I appreciate that Richie but I don't feel I have really contributed that much to what you have learned. You are doing a great job and have shot some nice critters. Keep up the good work. Getting with Scott tomorrow to go over regs. :)

TJ