Sign in to follow this  
Schmitty

Minox 15's for sale

Minox BD 15x58 ED BR For Sale

SOLD!!!!!!!!!!

Here's a review on the Minox 15's from an article about Big Eyes. The whole article can be found at www.24hourcampfire.com

Minox BD 15x58 ED BR

"Big, heavy, and bright."

First impressions can mean a lot, and with the Minox 15x58 ED BR, what you see is what you get. What you do not see is the price, and because of its MSRP of $1,050, reviewers unanimously voted the Minox as the "Best Value."

The largest (225x159x69mm) 15x that we tested, as well as the heaviest (52.55 ounces), it was — as the reviewers noted — "very heavy for a small hand," "bigger and heavier than the Geovids," and "massive glass." Despite its weight and bulk, reviewers were very impressed with the Minox's optical performance: "Very, very close optically to the Swaro and Leica," "98% as good as binos costing twice as much," and "incredible optics, at any price."

When Minox introduced the revamped 15x58 ED at the 2006 SHOT Show, the big news was the ED flouride glass, which, according to Minox, aids in accurate color rendition. Compared to the earlier versions of the Minox 15x58 without the ED glass, the new ED BR is a noticeable improvement, not only in color fidelity, but in sharpness and resolution as well. Reviewers noted that the Minox stayed with the Leica and the Swarovski into the far edges of twilight, with image quality constant well past legal shooting light. Resolution was excellent, if a fine hair less sharp than the very best. Clarity and brightness were also excellent, partly because of the 58mm objective lenses, the largest of any 15x binocular that we tested. Reviewers noted "no eye strain,” “easy to get properly adjusted," and "great tripod adapter."

A few reviewers noted that it "does not adapt well to bifocals," that its "objective covers felt cheap,” “the Swarovski-type tethered covers are much nicer," and "very big ocular housing, tricky to fit in eye socket."

However, these observations did not detract from the overall impression that the Minox 15x58 is truly a lot of glass for a great price.

Runaway best "bang for buck." MSRP: $1,049.

Four-plus stars.

Sorry, but these binoculars were sold back in Nov.

Schmitty

There are better out there for same money.

I'm all ear's when it comes to good 15's for a good price. From what I could tell, these Minox's are about the best price/performance alternative to the Swaro's, wish I would have seen the post sooner.

What 15's are you referring to that are better for the money in a porro prism glass? Hopefully something that weighs in the range of 45 to 55 oz's?

Actually you are comparing apples to oranges. The Zeiss 15x45's are fantastic glass, I have used them. They do not take the place of 15x56 on a tripod, they arent the same animal. The minox or Swarovski's 15x56 15x58 have a much wider field of view and are the type for long distance tripod glassing. The 15x45 Zeiss are great around your neck or on a tripod like Swarovski's 10x42's. I like the Zeiss better than the 10x42's because you have 5 more power and they weigh the same as swaro 10x42. This is a preference thing, but in terms of actual performance, 15x45 vs 15x56 are two different tools............Allen......