Sign in to follow this  
Rembrant

Bye Bye 9th District Court?

I caught the end of a news story last night that said Rick Renzi has proposed to the Senate that Arizona be removed from the 9th District Court (the one based in San Francisco that ruled that the 10% non-resident cap was unconstitutional), and be joined to the 12th District Court with other western states like Nevada, Idaho, and Montana. Renzi said this would align us with other states that have similar western issues.

This is a big deal, and I think a good deal.

Anybody know anything else about this??

Mike

i've heard rumblings about the same thing. hope it happens. we don't need to be in the same court as california and oregon and all them huggers. renzi seems to be a fighter. he's done some good things for veterans and he's also spearheading an attempt to rein in the endangered species act. which i feel is completely out of control. no sense in letting animals become extinct, but there has to be some sound biologic reason for things. like, why do we have "california" condors in Az.? or blackfooted ferrets, from wyoming and montana. or these stinkin' wolf/dog crosses that the usfws is trying to sell as wild animals. hope he's successfull in this appeals court deal. hope he's successfull in getting re-elected. i think Az. has had all the babbit politicians it ever needs. Lark.

Yep, Renzi's the man.

The bottom line for me is values. Biblical values. I can't vote for a president, senator, or congressman that thinks it's OK for babies to have their brains sucked out as they are born, or for children to grow up in a home with a mommy and a mommy or a daddy and a daddy - and call it marraige. I think the greatest way to protect this country is to conduct our affairs in a way that honors God.

The reason ferrets and condors are in Arizona is because they were here before modern civilization and the habitat is still deemed suitable for their continued existance. The wolves were here too (or was it a slightly different kind?), but I'm not so sure that modern Arizona is suitable for their continued existance. I'm all in favor for hanging on to all the endangered species, yet common sense must prevail.

What Renzi is trying to do with Arizona and the 12th District Court is a big significant thing, that we will look back on for decades and appreciate.

If this thing happens, would it be great if the 12th district court reversed the decision about the 10% non-resident cap?

Mike

remberant, at one time Az. had condors and ferrets. but they weren't california condors or black footed ferrets. they found some prehistoric condor bones in the grand canyon and someone supposedly saw a condor around williams in the early part of the past century. california condors never made Az. their home. the black footed ferret deal was something that was planted here because Az. wanted the money for the program. and mexican gray wolves are extinct. the things they've released are all part dog. every stinkin' one of em. and that's in the usfws info. it's buried, but it's in there. i've read it. they aren't "re-introducing" anything. they're turning loose penraised crossbred curs. and at a great cost to the folks that try to make a living on the land. there is also a great groundswell to "re-introduce" grizzlies. capture alaskan grizzlies and turn em loose here. can you imagine what that will do? the sonoran grizzly was a species of brown bear, but he ain't an alaskan grizzly. they've reintroduced timber wolves in montana with great success. so much success that they're thriving. the numbers are high enough that the local game and fish wants to lift the protection and make them game animals and control them with seasons. they can't because the endangered species folks won't admit their own success. look at this wolf/dog cross mess we have here. when one of em turns into a true wild animal, they kill it, because it won't stay put and just eat game. it's a joke. you're right, we need to protect wildlife. what we still have. we don't need to make more problems. the entire top of mt graham is off limits because of the mythical "mt graham red squirrell". an animal that most real biologists think is just our common tree squirrel, that has changed a little because of the "sky island" effect. it wasn't even recognized as a seperate species until it became a tool of huggers and the usfws. there are some things about renzi that bother me. he's basically a carpetbagger, but he's doing real things for Az., especially rural Az. if i lived in that district i'd surely vote for him. especially when is opponent is a #@$!%& babbit. Lark.

i hope you're right treestand, but there is a bunch of usfws guys and huggers that want to try it. it was pretty close to happening when clinton was in office. really. Lark.

I have a buddy who has hunted British Columbia. The out fitter asked him, "You folks in Arizona are trying to put wolves BACK into the state???! Heck, we can't kill em out!

- Different perspective.

Mike