Sign in to follow this  
live24wheel

Archery Hunting Unit 24A

Hello all,

I am completely new here and looking for any help with the northern portion of Unit 24A. I have already sent a couple PM's to people I came across in other posts. I am going to be Archery Hunting it come December 14th. I did go up there and scout yesterday. I have one more chance to scout the weekend before the hunt opens. Is there any info, areas or anything you can give me. I started at Seneca lake and from there took the main dirt road all the way to about where it ended. I went past the "high on the canyon side" spot, to where it drops you down in the canyon. I tried most of the side roads to get a feel for the unit. Of all the water holes I came across, only one had a bit of water in it. I plan to basically hunt that opening morning as I wasnt able to find many more good bow opportunities.

I was directed to this are by another person I know but he wouldnt tell me much more.... This will be my first deer with a bow if I get the chance. Any help would be awesome!

Thanks,

Tom

You have the right idea. Just get out there and do it. Learning a new area is a time thing. Just go hunt what looked good to you. Deer are there! Find them. Enjoy exploring. Don't expect anyone to give you what they spent years learning. Instead... enjoy just getting out and exploring. I'm still learning 21, 22, 23 and I've been hunting them for many, many years. Go out year round as well.