Sign in to follow this  
ultramag

camp trailer

I have the E2 by Fleetwood. I like it...it works for what I do. I use it for fishing in the white mountains in the summer, deer hunting in the fall, etc. It doesn't have A/C, but it does have a heater and it works!!! It also has an indoor toiler, which is what the wife wanted the most. What I like most about it is the wheel clearance and the loading/unloading of the quad. Having the quad on the trailer frees up bed space. I tow mine with a 3/4 ton...I didn't go with a toy hauler only because of some of the areas where I go. Other features...fridge, water heater, sleeps 6, 25 gal water tank.

I used to have a 26ft bumper pull and I agree the big trailers are a bunch of work..... however, I have hunted out of pop-up trailers as well and find that when you get to camp they take longer to get camp set, not much faster than a walltent...IMO. I have concerns about how long you can own one before you start to have "wear leaks" in the tent parts.... I, also, really think that getting way off road to camp is a joke, sorta..... we all have quads or UTV's and you are never that far from the remotest hunting spots. Besides.... have you ever got all the out to you favorite hunting spot to find some over-achiever camped smack dab in the middle of it.... :rolleyes: <_<

A buddy of mine has an 18 ft camp trailer that is kinda the best of both..... no tents, sleeps 5-6, small enough to get off the road a bit, good heating and cooling, and lots of storage.

Just my $.02..... :rolleyes: ;) :)

CnS