Sign in to follow this  
Clearwateralaska

Moose Hunting Tips

If you are one of the lucky ones who drew a moose permit and ready for Alaska Moose Hunting. These tips and basic hunting guidelines helps you to successful harvest:

• Hunt for moose near food sources and water.
  • Use rifle rather than  arrow, bowstring
  • Wear good quality and waterproof boots
  • Moose also have great hearing so wearing clothes that  does not make any noise.
  • Hunt during  August, September. This is best season  for Moose hunting 

Hope these tips helpful for you. Contact us if you’re thinking about going on a moose hunt.

Moose hunting.jpg

I would suggest you look into some good gear, I had quite some trouble with my gear while starting out. It depends on how often and how you plan to use your gear but you certainly need something that will last – which generally means it will cost quite a lot. You can also buy something used if you are absolutely confident the seller is honest. If you want to buy new gear, I'd recommend starting with the boots: everyone's fit is different, so don't buy used boots. I guess when it comes to the boot you won't really be able to save that much. But you can always compare some of the brand prices at places like http://huntingfishingplus.com/best-elk-hunting-boots/ But at first, choosing the right pair won't be easy anyway. For example, I decided to buy some boots and I found out from the reviews that they are about a size smaller than normal so I ordered 1 size larger, but they still felt kind of too big. So, I ended up returning them and bought a pair one from the same brand. And this time I lucked out. They work well as a substitute for my work boots and I felt the difference right away. I walked all those miles with ease I hadn't known before. I am prone to feeling cold but even in sub-zero temperatures these felt all right and when I wear thick socks my feet feel very warm. I had quite some trouble finding good gear at first