Sign in to follow this  
rthrbhntng

Arizona Elk Society Big Lake Work Project

The Arizona Elk Society has scheduled a work project for the weekend of MAY 31-JUNE 1.

Burro Creek area around Big Lake is where we will be removing up to 15 miles of barbed wire fencing South of Big Lake. These fences cross good Antelope, Elk and Deer habitat. It will be a significant benefit to remove these fences. We will be removing and rolling up wire, pulling and hauling out posts (steel and wood). We need a lot of help on this project so please mark your calendars. We will be providing meals Friday night, Saturday breakfast, lunch and dinner (rumor has it Tom’s having lobster), and Sunday breakfast. We need fence rolling equipment, post pullers, pliers and as many able bodied volunteers as possible. We will be working with barbed wire and lots of it. Bring your sun block, hats, gloves and long sleeved shirts and pants. Be prepared for all kinds of weather. We need around 60 people.

There will be time in the afternoons to fish at Big Lake and Crescent Lake.

The main camp will be in the woods near Big Lake. You can camp at the Big Lake Camp Ground but you will be responsible for getting your own reservations.

Call or email Tom Schorr. It will be good to RSVP so we can plan on food. 602-431-4131. Email thomas.schorr@fcssw.com.

C'mon CWT.commers........Let's see how many of us we can get up there! I'll try my best to make it and will know for sure in a couple weeks. Sounds like it'll be a fun and rewarding time and all for a great cause! Thanks to the AES for everything they do!

Steve you know I will be up there the whole weekend and I believe my dad will make it up also.

Jim I expect to see you and Pops up there ;)

Just checked the calander and that is the weekend of my sisters wedding but dont worry guys i am going to try to get up there for at least a day!

I'll give it my best to get up there--i have already scheduled it on my calender--

AES Burro Creek/Big Lake Fence Removal Project

Who: Arizona Elk Society, www.arizonaelksociety.org

When: May 30-June 1, 2008

Where: Main Camp will be at Dipping Vat Spring campsite just north Crescent Lake.

SW of Springerville, AZ. From Showlow take Highway 260 East toward Springerville, turn south on paved Highway 273 (3 mi east of Springerville) and head south 19 miles. Look for signs at campsite on right side of the road.

Camping is also available at Big Lake campground. Meals and meetings will take place at Dipping Vat Springs.

Description: Burro Creek is where we continue to remove barbed wire fencing in Big Lake area.

These fences cross good Antelope, Elk and Deer habitat. It will be a significant benefit to remove these fences. We will be removing and rolling up wire, pulling and hauling out posts (steel and wood).

We need a lot of help on this project so please mark your calendars. We will be providing meals Friday night, Saturday breakfast, lunch and dinner, and Sunday breakfast. We need fence rolling equipment, post pullers, pliers and as many able bodied volunteers as possible.

We will be working with barbed wire and lots of it. Bring your sun block, hats, gloves and long sleeved shirts and pants. Be prepared for all kinds of weather. We need around 50 volunteers.

Plan on arriving in the afternoon of Friday May 30th. Breakfast will be at 7:00 am Saturday and we will start working at 8:00 am. After Sunday breakfast we will work until about noon then pack up.

If you would like to carpool, please contact Tom.

Check our website www.arizonaelksociety.org for more information.

Contact: Please RSVP to Tom Schorr at thomas.schorr@fcssw.com or call 602-431-4131.

Just checked the calander and that is the weekend of my sisters wedding but dont worry guys i am going to try to get up there for at least a day!

Hey Chrissy, I know it's a long shot, but your sister isn't named Becky is she? I've got a wedding on the 31st also and my buddy is marrying a girl named Becky.

Hey Chrissy, I know it's a long shot, but your sister isn't named Becky is she? I've got a wedding on the 31st also and my buddy is marrying a girl named Becky.

Nope her name is Ashley. Would have been funny if that was the case.