Sign in to follow this  
jose b

Bucket List

I have been researching a Coues Deer hunt now for months and I am getting down to the final details of one the few remaining items on my "Bucket List". I am going to try to complete my Deer Slam with a bow.  All the research has been completed and a few final details are left. During my research I have found that this site has the best information and people of any that I have researched as of today. I have my plans broken down into three units. 31, 32 and 33 for the Jan Non Resident OTC period. I have the whole month to dedicate to this. I am planning on a week to ten days at a time back packing in, coming out for a few days to resupply and refresh myself and then back into the bush.

I have studied Game and Fish up one side and down the other, read all of the post's in the rifle section, the biology section, the bow hunting section and am half way through the misc. section. There is a lot of good info here and I thank you for all of it.

My first question is do any of the people that have been at this most of their life remember or know Jack and Tish Richards. They moved to the Mesa area in the late 70's or early eighties. Back in the day it was a tradition to Javelina hunt San Carlos on opening day. Jack and his wife Trish were the first people that  took to me to Arizona hunting. A good friend of theirs was Dick Gulman known as the Bear Man.  I went back for years and years. Back in the day you did not need a non resident license and a Javelina tag was only $35.00.  We would stay in Globe and drive out to the res. daily. No need to get up early cause the Javelina were late risers too.

My last question is how safe will my vehicle be parked for seven to ten days at a time at the Sky Island Traverse parking lot on Reddington Road in unit 31?

Thanks for your site and consideration

jose b

richard_r_gulman_jr_90.htm

I would think your Vehicle would be fine. As for hunting times It usally is best from what I've seen 2nd and 3rd week of January. Seem to get the bigger buck out cruising more. May not be the case everywhere but its paid off for us many times.

Thanks, I have the whole month and I am not in a hurry. I want to see it unfold and pick my prey and see if I can still do it.

Thanks  jose b

• Like 1

Yea no problem. We will be on almost every hunt From this weekend to the end of the year. Feel Free to message me if you have any questions.