Sign in to follow this  
ar13fox

20C youth hunt help

So it’s been many years since I hunted around 20c. Army took me to the southern states and just recently moved back to AZ.  My son drew a tag for any antlered deer. It’s the later youth hunt going on this week Nov 22nd- Dec 1st. We spend last weekend hunting some great looking areas with no luck. Deer seem highly pressured and not seeing much move around. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

21 minutes ago, ar13fox said:

So it’s been many years since I hunted around 20c. Army took me to the southern states and just recently moved back to AZ.  My son drew a tag for any antlered deer. It’s the later youth hunt going on this week Nov 22nd- Dec 1st. We spend last weekend hunting some great looking areas with no luck. Deer seem highly pressured and not seeing much move around. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

We have been at it since the opener. I’d guess the rain scattered them.

almost killed a great buck at first light in opening morning. But the fog was messing with my rf. Passed a few spikes. It’s been pretty windy the last few days. Not sure what the next round of weather is going to do to them. 

Our group shot a big 3x2 Saturday, by mistake only to watch a big4x4 walk off. But no sightings of him since. 

as for advice, there are areas in 20c that get little to no pressure.  

the best advice I’d give it to keep at it!  And pack cosmic brownies. 

• Thanks 1