coozfever

A FEW COUES BUCKS

Coozfever,

I'm glad you posted pics of your deer. And I'm glad you posted them first before revealing the scores. I figured the larger ones to all be over 100". They got a lot of ooo's and aaahh's from the other guys too. I really was surprised to find out they don't score 100".

Those bucks are big and beautiful, and you've done well to collect that many trophies. We all probably know someone who would think that if a Coues buck doesn't score 100", then he's not a big buck (I sometimes wrestle with that thought myself). I think its a travesty if a guy gets excited enough to shoot a high 90's deer and is then dissapointed to find out he doesn't score 100".

If I ever let an inch and a half dissapoint me, then I should have my head examined! And re-visit the reasons why I hunt.

Thanks, you've helped me with my perspective.

What beautiful bucks!!  But your greatest blessing is the one holding that skull!

Mike

Hey coozfever just saw your mounts congrats on some nice deer. I also have a mount done by Pat. He did an excellent job with my wall hanger. I had neck shot that exited through the front. Its not noticable.

As far as why your mounts are on the ground is because the Mrs. would't let you hang them on the wall. Haa

I don't know what i was doing with the post before this. Good luck with your archery hunt.

RJ