Sign in to follow this  
skyhawkbowhunter

Badlands packs

I probably have more backpacks than sense... Otherwise I wouldn't have so many! My favorites for all day hunts packing tripod and 15's is my 2200 for archery hunts and my E-stock J104 for rifle hunts. The feature I like about both of them is the fact that they can carry more out than what I carried in, limiting the number of trips back and forth I'd have to take to pack out the results of a successful hunt.

Hmm, if I had to choose only one? Probably the 2200 as it has a lower profile and I like using it for archery hunts better than the J104. Both are very comfortable though, and I like the pocket configuration on the J104 better for packing lots of heavy gear, which tends to happen all to often.

I also have the Badlands Diablo and an older Super Day. I like the ventilation of the Diablo, and a couple of times I've had it loaded down with 30-40 lbs and it was relatively comfortable, but probably close to maxing out. I'm looking forward to using it for archery deer this August. I don't use the Super Day much anymore. I've overloaded it (20+ lbs) a couple of times, and haven't found it to be very comfortable (for me) when overloaded. The lack of a supportive frame and load lifter straps make it seem more like a light day pack (15 lbs or less), which means short light trips. I'd rather wear a fanny pack or the Diablo when hunting like that, causing the Super Day to stay home...

I haven't had any issues with my Badlands packs, although I did cut the bladder tube hole bigger on my 2200 after I got tired of messing with it. I may have to send it back to badlands to get 'fixed' correctly. The newer model 2200 fixed the small issues (small wing pockets and a couple of extra pockets on the sides) I had with the older 2200.

Ron

I wish i could trade my2200 in on the new one. I likr the pocket set up better and the pistol holster under the flaps on both sides.

Ive got an older...probaby 7 years old....2200. I absolutely love it. ive fit whole whitetails quartered in it. Pigs gutted, some quartered. Carry huge 16x60 pentax and an old velbon tripod with all my other stuff and can usually manage all my meat on deer sized game around it. i like alot of things about the new 2200 but have my inhibitions on gettin a new one too, cuz i love mine so much. Ive never sent it in but it needs it. Used to just have a girl sew it up but due to circumstances, i may have to send it in. I cant say i have tried a pack i like more, just takes some time figuring out how to pack it all right. I can say my next pack is a 2800, love the pistol holsters and cant wait to get it for my upcoming backpack elk hunt.