AZHUNTER05

Tripod adapter for spotter

I recently purchased my first spotting scope and need recommendations on a good tripod adapter that’s not crazy expensive. I’m currently running 15’s on the outdoorsman pistol grip with a panner. I’m looking to buy a head that I can easily/quickly remove my Bino’s from and slide on the spotter. Any suggestions on a good setup? 

My spotter is a Swarovski HD sts 20-60x80mm (straight). 

Thanks in advanced, 

Cameron.

1 hour ago, Swivelhead said:

https://outdoorsmans.com/collections/tripod-accessories/products/outdoorsmans-adapter-plate

Your current setup will work, all you need is the adaptor plate  to attach to your spotter. 

You may want to consider a balance plate: https://outdoorsmans.com/collections/tripod-accessories/products/1-4x20-balance-plate

Thanks for the info 👍. I was aware that the setup I currently have would work, but I’m concerned that it will be too jerky with a spotting scope. 

Hi
Happy to help you on this. By tripod adapter do you mean a head? How long have you had the spotter? The best head would be the Sirui VA5. It's a great fluid head, spring loaded, arca swiss, handle has adjustable angles (great for either sitting or standing) 6 year warranty. This is on promo too. Normally $164.90, now $140.17 and then you get 15% back of that from Sirui in a rebate. We supply the form for you
You can e-mail me over the weekend at joel@cameralandny.com (I am out most of today but will get back to you) or call me Monday at 516-217-1000

Have a great day

Joel
Camera Land
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, AZHUNTER05 said:

Thanks for the info 👍. I was aware that the setup I currently have would work, but I’m concerned that it will be too jerky with a spotting scope. 

A two-way fluid movement tripod head is alway the best choice for both bino's and spotters IMO.  The only downside to a fluid movement head is additional weight.  I like the Outdoorsmans adapters, what I did to solve the "quick change" issue, requires drilling out the 1/4-20 hole to accomodate the 3/8-16 screw for the Outdoorsmans quick change unit.  See photos.

Tripod Plate Mod 1.jpeg

Tripod Plate Mod 2.jpeg

• Like 2