Sign in to follow this  
mjmhunter

Toyo Tires

Seeing if any of you guys are running these tires and more specifically the Open Country M/T's. If you are, do you guys have any complaints about them? And for the diesel guys... How are they wearing compared to other tires you have ran in the past? thanks >> Manny

those tires are very soft for street, buddy has wore a set with about 25,000. I have about 35,000 on my bfg mudds and they still look brand new ,i rotate them every 1500 miles hope that helped

I ran the MTs last year during my elk hunt. I think I put about 10k on mine before I went back to regular tires. They are unbelievable offroad in the mud and whatever else you can throw at them. Not all that loud compared to other tires out there. But they are crazy heavy. I had the 285x75x16 ten ply on my Duramax and they really sucked the fuel. They have worn well, but the rear lost a little more tread than the front due to my heavy foot. I would also look at the BFG KM2's if I were you just to see how well they perform. Coosefan has the BFG's on his super duty, but I thing he has already left town for a while and won't be able to comment on them. David

best tire i have run on my f350. i also carry a 3500lbs camper on the back occasionally. they aren't loud and are wearing quite well. i expect to easily get 40k out of them. they are 315's.

I have nitto terra grapplers on my chevy duramax and so far i have almost 50,000 on them & counting. I think Nitto makes Toyo's so they are probably a quality tire as well.

I'm running the Open Country AT's on my F350 PowerStroke. 18,000 miles and so far so good.

Kevin

I was looking at putting those on my Dodge until I saw the quote for them. They are very pricey. I am running Pro-Comp All-Terrains and have 40,000 miles & will probably get at least 10,000 more. Good tires so far.

I'm running the Open Country AT's on my F350 PowerStroke. 18,000 miles and so far so good.

Kevin

Going on 45,000 on mine.

Thanks for the info guys. I have always ran BFG's either AT's of MT's on all of my past trucks. When I bought my new truck last year I went with BFG AT's and they were'nt doing too bad until I had some motor work done. I have a little over 22,000 miles on them and just about need a new set. I know i'm not going to get great milage out of any tire but had heard guys gettin really good mileage out of the Toyo's.

But they are crazy heavy. I had the 285x75x16 ten ply on my Duramax and they really sucked the fuel. They have worn well, but the rear lost a little more tread than the front due to my heavy foot. I would also look at the BFG KM2's if I were you just to see how well they perform.

I'm very impressed with the KM2's and more than likely the tire I will go with (if i can find them). I have a few friends that have them and have been nothing but happy with them.

russd,

Did you experience the same as "azhuntnut" on the fuel mileage?