Sign in to follow this  
corkin it

Youth 24

Hey guys, my son drew the youth hunt for unit 24 here in NM. He can take either a coues or mule deer. I assure you he is not picky but would like to get him on his first coues. Been very busy with football and baseball so haven't scouted yet but plan on hitting it hard next couple weeks. If you have any advice it would be greatly appreciated. We are hikers and love to set up tripods and glass so hummping it into deeper areas is an option. Im sure he can outhike me now. Dang kid is growing like a weed. Already taller!! Thanks again for any help. Brand new area for us. Jake

Did he draw the ft. Bayard youth hunt? Call or txt me i can help 575-590-2082

Hey Guys, We scored. Zach had 1 day to get it done. We were able to get out on Sunday. This would be the only day we could make it happen with his busy schedule. Very happy for him. I was determined to find him a coues and we were in some country that I know should hold coues. The habitat is amazing right now. After 3 hours of glassing and still hunting we found this buck with a doe deep in a shaded canyon. After a bit of sneaking and getting set up, Zach put a shot just over 300 yards with his 7mm-08. The excitement in his voice was awesome!!! Thank you for your help. I hope to post a pic after my hunt in Nov:) Good luck to everyone on your upcoming hunts!! Jake

post-1186-0-40310100-1412175332_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Awesome! Glad you guys were able to get out and make it happen