Fall 2011/Winter 2012 Coues Whitetail Buck Contest
CouesWhitetail.com will again be sponsoring a COUES BUCK CONTEST for the sixth year. The contest’s purpose is to garner interest in hunting Coues whitetail and this website, and to share our hunt successes and pleasures from chasing the gray ghost.
This contest will be open to registered forum members of CouesWhitetail.com and their immediate families living in the same home (i.e.- husband, wife, son, daughter, sister, brother). Deer must be taken legally from Arizona, New Mexico and/or Mexico during the August 2011-February 2012 seasons. If you have multiple tags, i.e. from different states or reservations, you may enter deer from each hunt.
Contest Categories (15):
- Youth (ages 10-17) – largest Coues buck
- Youth (ages 10-17) – smallest Coues buck
- Archery- Highest P&Y gross Typical frame Coues
- Archery- Highest P&Y gross Non-typical Coues
- AZ&NM rifle – highest gross B&C Typical frame Coues
- AZ&NM rifle – highest gross B&C Non-typical Coues
- Mexico rifle – highest gross B&C Typical frame Coues
- Mexico rifle – highest gross B&C Non-typical Coues
- Smallest Spike Coues buck
- Smallest 3×3 typical Coues Buck (not counting eye guards)
- Best Field Photo of Harvested Deer (aka “Hero/Trophy” Photo) – Based on composition & quality of photograph, not antler size. All contest photos will automatically be considered for this category. This post may help with the taking of your photo.
- Best Spirit-of-the-Hunt Photograph – Captures the spirit and moment of the hunt. These may include photos of packing, hiking, glassing, camp, scenery with hunters, etc. Photos may be taken while helping others on their Coues hunts. (Field photos of harvested deer excluded).
- Best Photo Essay of the Hunt – Best pictured story of the hunt with numerous quality photographs supported by a well-written story.
- Best Junior Hunt Story as written by the Junior Hunter
- General Drawing – those entrants not winning a prize in one of the categories will be in a drawing for prize.
There is no pre-registration required, except that you must be a registered forum member before your hunt starts. Anyone who is a registered forum member BEFORE their hunt starts is automatically eligible to enter the contest. You must post your photo and hunt story to be entered in the contest, see below for more details on entering the contest.
Entry Fees & Prize Donations.
There is no fee required to enter the contest. You may wish to donate a piece of hunting equipment to the prize packages. Prize donations are not required, but are appreciated. You may also send a small financial donation to help with shipping or purchasing of the prizes. To donate financially, please send the money through PayPal on the CWT.com home page and note that it is for the contest. Please contact Doug/Red Rabbit if you wish to donate an equipment prize. Prizes awarded, and the number of contest places, will depend upon the number of prizes donated.
To enter your deer:
Post your picture and hunt story in the regular forums. If you have difficulty posting a picture, this thread may help, or asking another member will certainly get it done.
Then, E-mail Doug/Red Rabbit the field photo of you and your deer, its gross B&C/P&Y score, and a link to the story you posted. Amanda and Doug will post pictures on the home page and in this contest thread. Click here to email Doug.
If you do not post a story, photo, and email the info to Doug/Red Rabbit, you will not be entered in the contest. If you just wish to share your hunt in the forums, but not enter the contest, then do not send Doug your link, photo and score.
Scoring your deer.
Amanda has a nice “how-to” on the home page complete with photos, instructions and downloadable score sheets. Again, the gross score is needed for this contest. Do not add any non-typical point lengths for the typical category. If the deer is a “spike”, submit just the lengths of the two spikes.
Entry photos with info/story must be posted in the forums and e-mail received by Doug/Red Rabbit by Feb. 15, 2012.
Hope all of you have a successful Coues season.
Current Prize list (this will be updated as we get more items)
Thank you to all those who have donated!! We really have some great prizes lined up this year!