Sign in to follow this  
zeddro

Getting to treestand......unscented

We have done quite a bit of scouting this year and have put up our treestands. I am really worried about scent as I am walking in to my stand. I don't want to be detected and end up sitting in the stand all day to find out I was busted by my scent!!!

What do you guys suggest and what have you guys found that works?

Rubber boots? Getting there super early?

Give me a shout out.....

We have done quite a bit of scouting this year and have put up our treestands. I am really worried about scent as I am walking in to my stand. I don't want to be detected and end up sitting in the stand all day to find out I was busted by my scent!!!

What do you guys suggest and what have you guys found that works?

Rubber boots? Getting there super early?

Give me a shout out.....

We always wore rubber boots in NC, but nothing is fool proof. You can also try dragging a line of non-estrous doe urine behind you. I found that it really calms down deer. It's a very neutral scent.

I would recommend putting beef jerkey on your boots.. the original flavor. It actually works as an attractant for coues deer. try it-- just make sure you stay the heck away from my stand zeddro--- what are you, new to this game or what? Don't you hunt with the best out there? Good luck this year suckka

You could put your fresh hunting clothes on when you get to the stand. Put your smelly, sweaty clothes you hiked in on in a thick plastic bag. They make scent shield body wipes to use before putting on the fresh duds.

Eat only popcorn, corn flakes and corn chips - that way when you break wind the deer will be drawn TO you!

Actually, I was taught to do just what the Rabbit says - leave early 'nuff that you dont have to bust a big sweat and change into dry scent-lok clothes at your stand, clean up with field wipes, zip lock the stinky stuff and best of luck to all next week!

Walk to your stand Naked.... w/ rubber boots on of course.... then put you huntin' outfit on! ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Carefull, though.... you might atract banjo's or domestic sheep! ;)

:lol: :lol: :P :lol: :lol:

Guest 300ultramag.

I use that hunter specialties kit and leave my clothes outside the night before and drive to my spot commando.. then I get dressed on the tailgate and call it good. Ive had deer come in right behind me on the same trail in a matter of minutes.