Sign in to follow this  
Daniel in Ak

Arizona Pheasant hunt.

AzCoyotehunter,this was our hunt that I told you about in your post when I flew down there.

This is what I call Arizona snow :) there was alot of it on the way to the fields.

azsnow.jpg

One of the dogs we hunted over in the field reserved for us.

whichwaydidtheygo.jpg

The wife getting her 1st taste of a birdy dog and wingshooting.

birdhunters1.jpg

She actually connected.

serena2.jpg

Good girls

serena4.jpg

Posng with her 1st Pheasant and the dog that pointed.

serena6.jpg

Myself (on the right) and a forum brother who invited us up for the hunt.A bunch of great fellas for inviting us and I'll never forget em.

deadbirds2.jpg

Very nice. I was just asking myself the other day if anyone around here hunts springers. What area were you hunting in?

yeah they had two springers out there,and my best friend who still lives in Az used to have one that we used on quail around Tombstone.We where hunting on a club south and east of Phnx.Cant remember the road.It was going north on I-10 north of the Flying J truck stop north of Picacho and it headed East.After you drive awhile there's a 4 way and you keep going straight and run into the place on the left.Daniel

The pheasant hunt you can get drawn for in Yuma is a fun hunt too. I usually get two tags but did not get any this year. Quite a few pheasants in places down here. Our farm will hold a bunch if we still have cover for them.

It's in Pinal county, Hwy 287 and hwy 87 about 2 miles east of 87 off of Steele road. Sometimes you can catch a stray Pheasant along the banks of Picacho res. . Good hunting there a Buddy of mine takes his son there every year for his birthday!

Azcoyotehunter.....Thanks

Muskrat......I think that was the place.Looks pretty much like it from what I can remember.Thanks for the link.And Thanks hunterdude.