hunter01

Getting a new Bow

I will be getting a new Mathews VXR in the coming weeks. I'm looking at getting a New Rest, Sights and quiver. I want some solid durability on all components, easy to use and that will last 10-12 years. As this is the average frequency of my upgrade history. Why some components are better than others and considerations I should consider. Value is also another factor in this, as many 'big name' archery components are too expensive IMO. I know that you often times get what you pay for, but I don't want to sell guns or the kids (not the goats either) to to pay for gear.  I have been bowhunting for several decades, just over whelmed with all the new internet stuff and articles on new gear.  

Thanks in advance,

Andy in Tucson.  

I personally have ran a ripcord Max micro rest and a hamskea trinity hunter pro rest. Both are great. The hamskea is definitely more durable but it is more expensive. No complaints with the ripcord at all. I currently run a spot Hogg fast Eddie and have yet to find a reason to change. Very durable and easy to use. Have ran a bee stinger stabilizer but found that cutter stabilizers are far better for me. Currently using a tight spot quiver. All though pricey I did find it to be worth every penny as you can really move it around and angle it if need be. 

Just my two cents. 

• Like 1