Sign in to follow this  
WadeNAZ

Wanted - Maps (36b)

Wanted to see if anyone had any Maps for this unit before I puchase my own. PM me with what you have and what you would like for them. For those of you that have hunted this unit if you have suggestions on what maps I would need that would be beneficial too. I really would hate to spend the money on something I didnt need.

Hunt is Nov 28th WT. I have never been that far south so I plan on heading down in the next couple weekends to get a lay of the land and start scouting. Ill give it a few days before I buy anything.

Thanks,

Wade

Try Topozone.com. You can print screen off of their demo maps, and get anything you want.

You might look into buying National Geographic's TOPO! program. It costs about $100 but you get the entire state at five different levels, including 1:24,000 topo maps, which is what I find most useful. You can store all your waypoints in there from your hunts. It's a slick program and then you don't have to worry about getting maps every year for each hunt. You will already have the entire state. You can print a small map that shows the area you want to hunt rather than carrying around an entire topo map. It's seamless so you don't have to worry if your hunt area is at the corner of several topo maps. The maps don't have land ownership though, so it's best to supplement with USFS maps or some other map that shows ownership.

Amanda