Ryeboy86

Looking for information..

I live in Yuma and have been going to Tacna for Javelina.. I've been told they're out there, but I have yet to seen one after going out there a lot.. Anyone know of a good area for Javelina in my neck of the woods? Thanks!

On 8/8/2021 at 2:55 PM, Ryeboy86 said:

I live in Yuma and have been going to Tacna for Javelina.. I've been told they're out there, but I have yet to seen one after going out there a lot.. Anyone know of a good area for Javelina in my neck of the woods? Thanks!

Not trying to be rude but based on your question I'd bet you could probably be given the best Jave honeyhole and not see a thing. You should focus on figuring out why you're judging the area solely on whether you've seen an animal. Lots of ways of scout Jave that dont involve actually seeing them, although it's nice when it happens.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/14/2021 at 9:47 AM, Asm123 said:

Not trying to be rude but based on your question I'd bet you could probably be given the best Jave honeyhole and not see a thing. You should focus on figuring out why you're judging the area solely on whether you've seen an animal. Lots of ways of scout Jave that dont involve actually seeing them, although it's nice when it happens.

No use for this reply....

I will try to be helpful.  Read http://javelinahunter.com/  Good information there.  Old article but if they were around in 2015 you can bet they are still around. https://kjzz.org/content/156169/javelina-cause-problems-yuma-area-farmers. Talk to farmers and farm workers.  Scout farms with adjacent desert vegetation. 

Talk to the wildlife manager for your unit(s).  

We have had quite a bit of rain lately.  Drive roads, walk washes, check water sources after a rain looking for fresh tracks.  Look for rooting activity and dug up forbs.  When you find sign, get high and glass if you can.  If you locate them, watch and learn.  Reach out to members on this site that participated here.