PineCountryHunter

Unit 1 or 3a/3c

19 hours ago, UggRedBilly said:

The rut is coming up soon. Why dont you take a weekend or 2 up there and check em out. That'll give you a decent indicator for what you truly want for next year

ill be in 3c for the bull hunt in a few weeks, have to friends with tags this year. last year i was in 3c as well with one of my hunting partners and on elf everyday and harvested on the 7th day. just curious what unit people thinnk is better

20 minutes ago, PineCountryHunter said:

ill be in 3c for the bull hunt in a few weeks, have to friends with tags this year. last year i was in 3c as well with one of my hunting partners and on elf everyday and harvested on the 7th day. just curious what unit people thinnk is better

What's considered better to you? More elk? Bigger elk? Better rut? Less people? More roads? Less roads? Closer to a town? Wilderness? Both units can certainly produce a good bull but there's more to it than that. According to draw numbers twice as many people applied for unit 1 than 3c. But there's more than twice the tags in unit 1. 

11 minutes ago, AZtroutman said:

What's considered better to you? More elk? Bigger elk? Better rut? Less people? More roads? Less roads? Closer to a town? Wilderness? Both units can certainly produce a good bull but there's more to it than that. According to draw numbers twice as many people applied for unit 1 than 3c. But there's more than twice the tags in unit 1. 

Better tome is primarily focused on quality of Bulls, rest doenst bother me to much. I can use my boots to get away from people and such. I would really love to draw that 23N early archery tag but thats looking like atleast another 10+ year wait unless i get really lucky

1 hour ago, PineCountryHunter said:

Nice! Imma be heading out almost every weekend for the next few weeks to unit 9. I'll pm you what I can find and maybe that'll help you make a good choice! Good luck!

• Thanks 1