Sign in to follow this  
kybuckboyjr

Superstitions Dec Archery?

A BIG at a BOY or Girl to all those that have had success this season. I myself missed a decent 2 x 3 opening morning but killed that 3 inch pine sapling dead center behind him. Well anyway, I have taken a couple of trips out to Roger's Trough, Reavis Ranch, and Frog Tanks trailheads for some R&R hiking and visit the Indian Ruins. While on these hikes I've taken my bino's to glass the hills and have spotted a couple of deer here and there but no bucks. My questions would be: Is this area heavily saturated with hunters since it is so close to the se valley? Is this area saturated with hikers that time of the year that would spoil a hunt. Have any of you had any success or know of anyone that has had any recent success hunting this area? Has anyone ever done a backpacking hunt in them there hills? I am not looking for any honey holes or specific locations to hunt. . I am just wondering if it is worth my time to investigate further. I will take a guess that the deer density is really low however.

Happy Hunting

Lots of trafic around the area. If you want to do it give it a shot. The only thing that will come of it is a good trip and maybe a deer. I do know when i am up in the area around december there are lots of back pack hunters and camps set up on the north side. lots of road drivers from anyone in the valley with a quad to every trail driving group in the valley, But that should not thurt you if you are off the road. I have been pesterd by a fare share of greenies that hike the area as well.