Sign in to follow this  
ultramag

pack frame ?

just bought a Gregory Z55. Havent used it yet but it shows promise. Lots of cool features, weighs less than 4 pounds and will tote 3700 inches.

Not available in camo tho...

I've looked at that pack for trekking *but not hunting. It's supposed to be fantastic for the size and cubic amount of gear it can carry. I don't think the Gregory is built for big game, but it gets rave reviews from backpacking ultra-light testers.

It makes a good point about internal frame packs. I have the north face badlands and it carried out my elk in multiple trips. It has carbon internal frame inserts and is far more comfortable than most external frame packs.

Best of luck for the perfect 'pack frame'-!

AzP&Y

post-898-1222746407_thumb.jpg

I just took delivery on a J107M, wow. The pack is sweet, pricey but hopefully my last one. I got the J107M because it has a larger opening on the scabbard. I put my IDF M14 in there and it had plent of room. The pack is incredibly comfortable.

J1O7M

IMO.....

Any comfortable internal packframe..... Line the inside with a heavy duty 55 gal trash bag.... slide 4 quarters and all the boned meat off of the torso into the pack and add the head and cape to the top..... and away you go! ;) BTW... make sure you get the meat out of the bag ASAP once at the truck or quad! ;) I air cool the meat before loading the pack last thing... it buys you enough time to get it out in the plastic. :)