Sign in to follow this  
Siwash

Cancun Charter?

Looks like the wife has us in Cancun for a day or two enroute to the island Holbox in early March. 

Plan to fish a day in Cancun with a sportfishing charter. 

Anyone have experience with an outfit down there?  We would hire a private boat and guide for a full day. 

Thanks for looking.

I was there a few years ago for my sons wedding.  I don't remember the name of the operation but he was Captain Willy aka Chilly Willy. He owned the boat,  nice, and the gear was good. Super great guy....he had 2 deck hands, great. And we chartered the boat for only 4 of us for like 500 bucks,  can't remember but it was cheep. The fish of the day was a 9 and 1/2 foot sale fish that we all took turns bringing it in, then released it. They wanted us to stuff it etc....but we let it go. So maybe look for him im sure he has a web site or something.  

Cheers 

Thanks for the tip, and yea, I always spring for a boat with an enclosed head when the lady comes along so pangas are out. Looks like sailfish and wahoo are whats best in March. Sounds like you got a dandy one, good for you for releasing it.

• Like 1

Ya, it was a nice boat I was impressed.  Nice cabin etc. We trolled 2 or 3 high lines and 2 or 3 low lines.  Played some good tunes and had a few adult beverages that they supplied, I was great. Very rough seas the day we went but a great time. Good luck.